spyware, hackers, and thieves. When you purchase a smartphone, it is up to you to protect your personal information and data. Today, millions of people are using smartphones, but they may not know how to protect their devices from intruders. So, here is 5 Quick Tips About Preventing Malware on Smartphones, and how you can keep your personal information from getting into the wrong hands.
1. I recommend using strong passwords with several characters to keep your data safe and secure. When you create a password, include capitalized and lower case letters and include numbers too.
2. Before you install a new app on your smartphone, it's a good idea to do some research about it. Find out what others are saying about the app, and if they are having any problems using it on their phones. If so, look for a similar app that has good reviews from users.
3. Avoid using public wi-Fi on your smartphone to access your personal information, such as email, bank accounts, and social network pages. Unfortunately, some public wi-fi areas are not encrypted, and hackers use these areas gain access to computers and smartphones.
4. If you own an iPhone download an anti-virus app from the Apple App Store that can protect your phone from malware, worms, trojan horses, and other malicious viruses. Be aware of independent app stores that claims they offer apps for all types of platforms. Many of them may not be supervised and hackers could easily distribute various types of malware-infested apps on these types of websites.
5. Android smartphone users can download an anti-virus app from the Google Play store, and Amazon App Store. The apps that they promote on your their websites are safe to use.